Wednesday, August 4, 2010

39 Weeks, 3 Days, No Baby Yet!

Well, I'm still here. My little boy has shown no desire to leave his comfy home. I sit here at 10:30am, still in my pajamas with a big glass of milk and a pack of chocolate chip cookies I intend to eat all by myself over the course of the next half hour. As much as I appreciate peoples comments saying, "Enjoy this time while you still can!", it is difficult to enjoy being 30lbs heavier than my normal self, and having no clue when my impending labor will strike!! There are very few things I can do comfortably, so what am I supposed to enjoy?! While Adam and I pass our evenings by watching movies, I can't even sit on the couch with him because I'm too uncomfortable. I sit on a birthing ball to watch a movie. How sad is that?!

I am SO anxious to just get things going! It seems like this week I have had LOADS of people comment on my facebook saying things like, "my cousin had her baby this week!", or "You're next!" or "I keep checking to see if he's been born!" This is nice of people however it is making me all the more impatient! Where the heck is MY little boy?!!

3 people from my antenatal class have already had their babies. One of them is due today. I thought I was going to be one of the first seeing as how I'm due early in the month, but that is definitely not the case - I'm sure I will be either 4th or 5th out of the 8 of us - and 2 of us are due late August/mid September. This is outrageous.

On a brighter note, everything is (still) ready, and I've been preoccupying myself with cleaning, cooking, and watching movies. Adam and I try to get out, but we can't really go too far since we don't want to be too far from the hospital - which is LAME since Krispy Kreme just opened up about an hour away. I don't know, maybe we should just risk it! I need donuts!

Let's see...what else do I want to say and remember about this pregnancy? Well, I desperately hope this is the last time I have to post before my little guy is born. I have an appointment on the 10th of August (2 days late). I guess this appointment will be much the same. If he decides to be stubborn, they won't even induce me until the 22nd - they give me two weeks. I REALLY REALLY hope this is not the case!!!

I have had pains galore. Shooting paints in uncomfortable places. It is not great. I mean, I am VERY happy because I think I have had such an easy/uncomplicated pregnancy that I have no right to complain - but I am very done being huge. I can't sleep at night - I wake up in the middle of the night and just lay there for hours. Not to mention the drooling. We won't go in depth there though - but it's something funny I want to remember! haha.

The little guy hasn't even "dropped" yet. This means his head is not engaged and he's not making any promises to be ready to come out. This is annoying. I have been drinking raspberry leaf tea, eating loads of pineapples, and stuffing my face with things like pizza and curry. I KNOW "he will come when he's ready"...come on people, just let me have my fun.

Adam's family gets here on Saturday (but won't be visiting until a few days after baby is born) and my family arrives the 20th (after spending a couple nights in London.) It has definitely not hit me yet that I am going to see my Dad. Here. In England. I can't think about it too long or I will cry. I am so happy that I have such a loving, supportive family. I love you guys!! (That includes my amazing brothers and sister-in-law.) This little boy is going to be so loved, we are so fortunate to have the support that we do.

These cookies are really good. I don't have much else to tell, I don't think - just a request that everyone would pray that our little boy would get here safely, and preferably SOONER rather than later :)

In hopes that this is the last blog before baby,

Sara, Adam, & Baby Bradley (still in hiding)

No comments:

Post a Comment