Thursday, June 9, 2011

10 Months Old!!!




I can't believe it. I was looking at photos today of when Reuben was 6 months old. It felt like it was last week. 6 months seemed like such a milestone. He's turning into such a little boy now - I want time to slow down!

Unfortunately the run-up into the 10 month mark hasn't been great. Reuben has been sick for a week now. He's been throwing up, diarrhea, and COMPLETELY grumpy. Constantly crying and always wanting to sleep. Hardly eating and having milk alllll night long. It has been an exhausting week, to say the least. We have been to the doctor three times and each time they have said it's a virus and there isn't much we can do.

Another thing that's added to his grumpiness is...a tooth! He FINALLY has a little tooth poking through and it looks painful. He hates it when I put teething gel on it because it's so sore. I feel like we are going to have a very, very long road with this teething business. He clearly does not have a high pain tolerance. I'm sure it's the sickness as well, but he has just been crying all day every day for DAYS. He's just gone to bed and it is so peaceful to actually be sitting here by myself and not be worrying about him! I will try to get a photo of this tooth someday - but he isn't very cooperative with letting others see it!

This month has flown by and I can't really think of whats happened! We took a family trip to Wells to see Wells Cathedral which was fun. We also went swimming/on a picnic with lots of other babies last Thursday (the last good day Reuben had before he got sick!) Other than that we've been enjoying the warm weather and spending time with Daddy while we had some school vacation.

Reuben's hair is crazy. I don't really know what to do with it. I can't cut it because I am not bringing scissors near that boy's face - he is way too out of control for me to do that. It's hard enough trying to keep his finger nails short, let alone his HAIR.

Developmentally, Reuben is VERY VERY active. He is crawling very quickly, pulling himself and walking along furniture, he has clapped a few times but isn't really a fan...haha. He has MASTERED the "pincher" with his fingers and loves eating peices of cereal (and my cereal in the morning!) He says mama all the time but other than that babbles a lot. He gives kisses on occasion which is hilarious/slimy. I think the most impressive thing he has done yet though is taken a ball and put it into a little shape toy. I was reading about development and this is something that a baby can do at 11 months and he did it about 2 weeks ago, at 9 1/2 months. My smart baby!

He's still hard work but so much fun to play with now. He LOVES other kids and babies, they always make him laugh. Oh and he can stand! Though he thinks it's a game and just lets himself fall forward onto whoever is in front of him. He's such a cutie!

I think that's all I can think of for this month. More news to come soon.....:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment