Wednesday, July 14, 2010

36 Weeks, 3 Days. . . 25 Days to go!

Well I can easily start off by saying that I am ready to not be pregnant anymore! This past week I have felt (and been told by many) that I am huge. My midwife saw me and said, "you are as wide as you are tall! Thanks, midwife. Thanks.

I wake up every morning with very sore hands. They don't appear to be very swollen, but they feel so big and they are painful! I am looking forward to that not happening anymore.

I sleep for intervals of about 2 hours. I have to wee and roll over, which is a process within itself. I am finding that being this big is extremely restricting and I do not like it!

On a positive note, I have my 36 week appointment yesterday and it went really well. Once again my midwife was astonished at how "fit and healthy" I am: I have great blood pressure and am right on target with weight gain. I have gained just over 25 lbs, and the average weight gain is between 25-35 lbs. She also told me that at this rate the baby will probably weigh about 8lbs, however I do not believe her. I mean, I don't know what he will weigh - but I have NEVER known these guesses to be correct. I have too many friends/family who have been told they were having 10-12lb babies and ended up having 7-8 lb babies. You just really can't tell how much he/she is going to weigh.

Well..what else? last night we had our antental class. I can't believe that next week is our last one!! Crazy how quickly the time has gone by. On Thursday we had a breasfeeding session which was really helpful. I'm really looking forward to breastfeeding! I am a little nervous about how it's all going to work out with the whole going out in public thing, but I'm sure I will get over it.

The class last night was good, we talked about what our needs as parents were within the first 6 months of baby being born. Obviously my needs included: Eating, Showering, and having a clean house. I also requested that Adam give me a diamond for every hour I am in labor, but I don't think that worked :o).

We also had to hand a baby doll around the room while it was "crying" and say what we would do. So we each had to think of a different reason why the baby might be crying, and then pass the baby along. I held him and said that he obviously wanted a cookie, and proceeded to shove a cookie in his face. It was funny but I think he kept crying. bahha. So to appease my class, I said I would give him a bath and see if that calmed him down.

We then talked about colic. This scared me. I think after last night I started realizing that we are actually having a baby. He is going to cry and we aren't always going to know why. This makes me anxious just thinking about. I can say that I am genuinely excited for holding him and being with him, for trying to ease his crying and just love him. I cannot wait to hold my little boy. I spend long periods of time trying to think about what he will look like. I can't really imagine it; but it is fun to think about. I am definitely getting nervous though for the fact that I don't know much about babies. I mean, I remember my little brother being little and taking care of him, but if I was ever in doubt I just handed him to my mom. No problem. But now my mom is really, really far away.

Anyways. This is all to say that the reality is sinking in. In 4 days the baby will be considered "full term." THIS is a scary thought. He could come at any time! I have yet to pack my hospital bag or even write my birth plan. I just keep putting it off! I am going to look online for all the silly ways to induce labor though. See what I can get to work. Surely if I start at 37 weeks then he will HAVE to come a LITTLE early, right? I've been told drinking raspberry leaf tea does the trick, so we'll see.

My next midwife appointment is in 2 weeks. I made the appointment hoping that I wouldn't have to actually go to it. I would be quite happy with this little guy showing up at 38 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment