Sunday, July 4, 2010

35 weeks! Only 35 days to go....

Well, this week has been hectic to say the least! We had Uncharted Waters Sports Ministry with us this week, and I was in charge of serving 50+ children dinner every night. I had a lot of help but it was still crazy! This week has been hot as well, so needless to say...I'm exhausted.

Fortunately the exhaustion has come at the right time, since today is my first official day of Maternity Leave! I have the next 39 weeks off of work, PAID! I am ready to just relax - hopefully this little guy sticks around in there until he is due so I can catch up on some sleep before I lose it all again :)

And now, for the first time, I am experiencing real pregnancy symptoms. First of all, I am finally tired. I wasn't tired in the first 12 weeks when everyone said I would. Now, I go upstairs to get dressed and I sit down and pretty much wake up 2 1/2 hours later. I've done this several times. It reminds me of my time at ENC with my roommate Brooky...I would come back to the room every afternoon and lay down, and she would say, "Are you going to take a nap?" and I would say, "no, I'm just laying down for a minute." I would then wake up several hours later. Haha. Good times.

I also officially have swollen feet AND hands. I've been asked several times this week if my feet were swelling, and I kept saying, "no, they hurt but they aren't swollen." I got home Tuesday night, looked down, and shouted to Adam, "WHERE ARE MY ANKLES!??" It was funny but painful and sad at the same time...haha. Since then I've tried keeping my feet up, but now am finding that my hands are swelling. They are FAT. They hurt at night. I can't snap my fingers without feeling pain...I guess it's called Oedema or something like that, and I keep reading that I should drink lots of water. So I'm trying.

Well that's all really. No other major symptoms! I am actually not as big as I imagined myself to be at this point, which is great. I mean, I think I'm still on the upper weight gain limit, but I always imagined myself at 35 weeks pregnant to feel like a WHALE. I don't really feel like a whale. I do feel uncomfortable a lot, but when I look down I don't think that I am THAT ginormous. I supposedly will gain another 5 lbs, which I think I can deal with...we'll see.

So, like I said, I'm now on maternity leave! I have 5 weeks between now and the due date, so I've started making a list of things for me to due. This list includes (but is not limited to) the following:

- Quilting. I have started my first quilt for my little boy, and also have a couple other quilts in mind that I want to make. I am VERY excited about this...but annoyed because I don't own a sewing machine so I am borrowing one for the time being. I want my own.

- Painting/Designing letters of my little boy's name to put on his bedroom door.

- Writing my birth plan

- Cleaning. A lot.

- Organizing the baby's clothes over and over again.

- Finding fun craft ideas for the baby's room - like the cloth book holder that a friend of mine is making; such a cool idea!



...and more. My main focus right now is on the quilting, and I'm really looking forward to spending some time on it. I took a quilting class in highschool and can remember most of what I learned...so look at that, highschool DID pay off!


I really want the baby to come early. I mean, not too early. I'd glad accept 38 weeks. I do NOT want to be waiting around past 40 weeks, although I've heard that it is common for your first baby to be late. Whatever, I live in hope!



I think that's all for now. I can't believe that I am on maternity leave and only have a month left before the baby is due. I feel prepared but not. I'm so unbelievably excited. I can't even think about my little boy without crying...I wonder what he will look like, and I can't wait to hug him! I know it will pass, but I am looking forward to those sleepness nights because of how badly I want him here!

No comments:

Post a Comment