Wednesday, June 23, 2010

33 Weeks, 3 Days

Well, I can't say there is too much to update this week! We had our 3rd antenatal class last night which went well, it is getting more fun each week because we are getting to know the other couples a bit better which is nice. It's fun to be in a room with lots of other people who are having just as a rough time leaning over as I am :) hehe. A good half of the class is all due the same week as me, which is really cool since we're experiencing a lot of the same things.

Last night we talked quite a bit about natural pain relief and different positions to help ease the pain of contractions. There were about 8 different little areas we could go to where we would practice whatever movement it was teaching for a minute and a half, imagining that we were having a contraction. It was good because I was able to find out what things I found comfortable, but it was difficult because I have no clue what a contraction feels like, so it was hard to imagine that kind of pain. Overall it was really helpful though. I REALLY want a birthing ball - it was sooo nice.

As far as appointments go, I don't have another one until 36 weeks so nothing to update on that front! As far as my weight, I once again don't dare to check the scales. I feel humungous and know it's just going to get worse. Fortunately, I like the heat of summer and it hasn't been bothering me - although everyone I talk to says, "Oh this heat must be getting to you!" But no. It's not. I like it.

My little boy has been moving a lot lately, and the movements have been SO strange. It is incredible how far out he can stick his butt. hahaha. I look down and half of my stomach is poking out like 3 inches! It is crazy. He rolls around a lot, so it's not so much punching or kicking anymore. I can feel that he is getting bigger, which is so strange and hard to describe.

Sleep has become increasingly difficult, which I suppose is just my little boy getting me used to the lack of it. I wee a lot in the night which at this point I have gotten used to, but for the last week almost every night I've been getting horrendous leg cramps. They wake me up, I start yelling, "OW, OW, OW" and rubbing my leg until it stops. I have no idea how this doesn't wake Adam up. Last night I even kicked him on accident. haha. Anyways, it's horrible, and I read that drinking milk helps this but I believe this is a LIE because I drink so much milk that if I drink anymore I'll probably get some kind of milk-induced problem. So I will just suffer I guess.



That's really all for now - but in the life of my little boy at 33 Weeks ........



Your baby weighs about 4.4 pounds at this point. The crown-to-rump length of your baby is approximately 12 inches and the total length is around 19.4 inches. Measuring from the top of your uterus to your bellybutton is 5.2 inches. Total weight gain at this point of pregnancy is usually 22 to 28 pounds.

With the exception of crying, your baby is capable of doing everything that a newborn baby will do. Your baby is restricted now inside of the uterus, but still can kick and move. Your baby sleeps a lot of the time, just as newborn babies do. Your baby's eyes move in the manner of REM sleep and researchers believe that babies can dream vividly in uterus. When your baby is awake, she is listening, feeling and learning. There are billions of neurons in the brain that make trillions of connections. Your baby will probably have settled into the birth position by now and your caregiver can most likely tell which way your baby is presenting. If your baby were to be born now, the lungs would probably be strong enough to function properly, but your baby may still need extra care from specially trained doctors and nurses.


(http://i-am-pregnant.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment