Tuesday, April 27, 2010

25 weeks, 2 days!

Well needless to say life has been hectic! I have gone over 2 weeks without posting, although the only real thing that has changed has been my weight!! I have finally gotten the question at the supermarket: "would you like me to pack your bags for you?" Absolutely not. Until I am completely incapable of doing these things myself, I will do them!!!

Anyways I am not sure how much weight I've gained (mostly because I am scared of knowing...haha) but I'd guess around 17-20lbs. I feel huge. And I am not looking forward to being even more huge.

On the more exciting note, I LOVE feeling my little boy kicking around in there! Some days I feel it practically non-stop and other days I hardly even notice. The weird thing is when I can actually see him punching or kicking...so strange. Other times I can't see anything but I can feel him wiggling all around.

This week has been hectic, and the next couple months - and beyond - are going to be as well. I took my "life in the UK" test yesterday, we had to rent a car (ours has conveniently stopped working) and drive to Bristol, about an hour away to get to the test center. Fortunately the test was over relatively quickly, I passed, and we went for a drive. On Thursday my mom is arriving (YAY) but I have to get a bus to Heathrow to meet her. I am really looking forward to it, but it is a long bus ride!

We have had some complications getting the baby's room sorted out so hopefully we will be able to get a carpeter in before Thursday, though at this point it seems highly unlikely. Very frustrating.

Next big thing is the Sports Camp we are doing with an American sports ministry team called Uncharted Waters in June. This is going to take a lot of planning on my part and I am already stressed out about it - also in June I have to apply for my permament residency visa. There are just TOO many things to think about right now. Not to mention the fact that all this time I am trying to finish my degree.

Well, that's life at the moment. Baby is getting big, I've been tired a lot, and I can't wait to see my mom!! :)

The baby's development this week....

Your baby now weighs nearly 1 1/2 lbs and is about 14 inches long from crown to heel. He makes breathing movements but has no air in his lungs yet. At 26 weeks, fetal brain scans show response to touch. If you shine a light on your belly, your baby will turn his head, which means his optic nerve is working.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sara! Nice to see you on good old facebook. :-) Congrats on the little man... you are going to have the time of your life! Reading your blog makes me miss the pregnancy days! Wishing you well for the rest of your pregnancy. :-)

    ReplyDelete