Wednesday, May 19, 2010

28 weeks, 3 days

I know it's a few days late, but I had my 28 week appointment yesterday so I wanted to wait until that was over to blog! It went REALLY well, I feel like the midwife is finally starting to take me seriously! haha. This was the first appointment where she actually just talked to me about birth options and pain relief, her own experiences and people she has helped give birth to. She gave me a lot of helpful information, I told her I am interested in doing a waterbirth and she was able to answer some questions about that which was great! I am a little nervous about it all but I am hoping that I'll have more questions answered soon. On Saturday we have our tour of Bracken Birthing Center in Taunton which has recently been renovated and I've heard good things about it. They have a couple of birthing pools so hopefully on Saturday they will talk to me more about it. I can't wait!

The appointment was good though - I had to have my blood taken which I HATE but at least it was the last time I have to get it taken! I had it done 3 times and that was the last, so I'm happy! Unfortunately the first time was the absolute worst, so that didn't set me up too well. It went fine though. She took my blood pressure, which she said was great, checked the baby's heartbeat, and measured him. She said he is measuring at exactly 28 weeks, which is awesome! She also commented numerous times on how "fit and healthy" I am, which was also good to hear.

My next appointment is in 4 weeks, when I'll be at 32 weeks (How scary...!) and then after that I get an appt every 2 weeks, then every week.

I am very excited that we have our tour on Saturday then on the 8th of June we start our antenatal classes! I then have 3 weeks of work left, and then I am on maternity leave. I can not believe that time is escaping so quickly.

As far as the baby nursery goes, we have everything (and MORE)! Seriously, if he showed up today I wouldn't need to go buy anything. Just this week he has gotten a bath, some more clothes, the rest of the cloth diaper kit, and more. Also his Grandma Donahue has just ordered him a MATCHING mobile to go with his crib! I'm soo excited :)

Well, that is about it for now I think. I have some photos to post but I'm too lazy to do it now - I am on a slow computer!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment