Monday, May 31, 2010

30 Weeks, 1 Day!

This morning I woke up and realized that I officially have stretch marks. This is highly depressing. Fortunately it's minimal, but still - I have a little under 10 weeks to go still! Bah.

I can't BELIEVE that I'm 30 weeks along. 69 days until the due date. How scary is that? Every day I get more excited and more nervous.

Last night at about 2:30am, the baby starting kicking WILDLY. It woke me up and not only kept me up for atleast 20 minutes, but it was really freaking me out! I almost woke Adam up because it was so crazy! It's weird because lately he's been kicking a lot lower down than before and it's a very weird feeling.

The exciting news this week is that Adam and I are going away! Call it a "baby moon" or whatever, but we are spending 2 nights in a really fancy hotel and spa! I cannot wait. We've never really even gone to a hotel before, let alone gone to one of this standard with a SPA. It's in Bristol, called Cadbury Hotel by Hilton.

http://www.cadburyhotelbristol.co.uk/

BEcause of this, I've had to go get a maternity bathing suit which is fun! I got a new outfit too. I've noticed lately that all my "maternity" clothes that I've been wearing thus far are getting too small...I didn't think that was supposed to happen?
Oh well! Then Friday night we are staying in Birmingham and going to visit some friends, which should also be glorious!

That's really all for now, I have my 31 week appointment next week and we start our Antenatal classes on Tuesday.

And...from BabyCentre.co.uk

30 weeks pregnant
Your baby's lungs and digestive tract are almost fully developed. Your baby's growth in terms of her length will soon slow down (she measures a bit over 39cm from crown to toe now), but she will continue to gain weight until she's born.

This week your baby continues to open and shut her eyes. She can probably see what's going on inside your uterus (womb), distinguish light from dark and even track a light source. If you shine a light on your stomach, your baby may move her head to follow the light or even reach out to touch the moving glow.

Some researchers think baring your stomach to light stimulates visual development. But don't expect 20/20 vision when your baby is born – newborns can see a distance of only between 20cm and 30cm. Children with normal vision don't reach 20/20 vision until the age of about seven or nine. To complete the picture, your baby now has eyebrows and eyelashes.

About a litre of amniotic fluid now surrounds your baby, but that volume decreases as she gets bigger and has less room in your uterus. As you and your baby continue to grow, don't be alarmed if you feel breathless, as if you can't get enough air. It's just your uterus pressing against your diaphragm.

...Til next week!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the rAspberry leaf tea... I got some and drank gallons of it during the last month of my pregnancy but it didn't work for me. They say what got the baby in will get the baby out but that didn't help either. :-D I'm convinced that you'll just go in to labor when the time is right.

    Good luck

    ReplyDelete