Sunday, February 14, 2010

15 Weeks Pregnant!!


I can't believe I'm already at 15 weeks. Time is flying by way too fast! I'm definitely starting believe I have some kind of baby bump even if it is small! Either that or it looks like I've been eating way too much!

Well, I am so excited today because we just got a playpen on Freecycle that would have cost us £90 new, and it's in practically new condition! Here's a photo of it...anyways it's really nice and I'm so excited about it! While we have quite the collection of baby stuff accumulating, most of it has either been very cheap or free. The only thing we have spent money on is a few little things here and there that were on sale, and the crib which was £70. It's fun getting free stuff, hopefully since we are getting a lot of free stuff we will be able to get SOME new things. There's a swing I really want thats at Babies R Us, and I would REALLY like to get a pram (stroller) new. We have found one we really like, again at Babies R Us, and its half price from £300 right now...unfortunately we can't get it quite yet though. It's all fun though!!




















The heartbeat monitor Adam gave me has still not lost it's wonder! I wake up every morning wanting to hear my beautiful baby's heartbeat!

The heartbeat monitor came in handy last night, since we went to a really nice dinner that Adam and the youth group put on to raise money for their missions trip to Uganda this summer. After an appetizer, main meal, and 1 1/2 desserts, I ran to the bathroom and was very, very sick. I went home and immiedietly fell asleep. It was nice this morning to be reassured by the heart monitor that my baby is unaffected by severe sickness! Sometimes it feels like the action of being sick MUST have some affect on the baby - but it doesn't seem like it does any harm!

I've also started having what I'm sure is Sciatic nerve pain. It starts at my lower back on the right and goes down to the top of my right knee - it's extremely painful and makes my thigh feel numb, and my lower back hurt a LOT. I think I am going to call the midwife tomorrow to see if there is anything I can take for it. Apparently it is just caused by the way the baby is positioned, and it's pretty common. Either way its very painful.

SO. 15 weeks! Unbelievable...my baby is now the size of a naval orange at about 4 inches...and from "I-am-pregnant.com" ...

Your baby is growing at an amazing rate and looking more like a human every day. Because your baby's skin is so thin, you are able to see blood vessels through the skin. Lanugo hair covers your baby's body, but it will be gone when your baby is born. The hair on the eyebrows and head continues to grow. Some babies are born with little or no hair and others have a head full of hair! If you have an ultrasound at this point, you might be able to see your baby sucking its thumb. Even though the eyes continue to move to the front of the face, they are still widely separated. Your baby's ears look like normal ears and continue to develop externally. The bones that have already formed continue to get harder and retain calcium. The baby is very mobile and flexible at this point. She can bend her arms at the elbows and wrists and she can also make a fist with her hands.


So exciting to think about my little one growing inside of me! I can't wait to start to feel him or her kick!

That's all for now - next week I have my 16 week midwife appointment which hopefully goes well!

1 comment:

  1. It's so awesome to hear about your pregnancy and to feel caught up with you...even though your all the way over there...can't wait to hear about your next ultrasound...

    ReplyDelete