Sunday, February 28, 2010

17 Weeks!

Well, once again I can 't quite believe that another week has gone by. Here we are at week 17, and my little baby (who according to a former-midwife is going to be a boy) is now the size of an ONION. That is, a very large onion, since this means the baby is now on average about 5.1 inches, and 5.9 ounces!






I have to say that I did spend nearly all of this week in bed though. From Sunday until Thursday I was so unwell, it hurt to do nothing. My head was throbbing. Now, I am still stuck with a very congested nose and a slight headache, but I am just glad that my head isn't hurting as much as it was. Friday I forced myself to go to work because I had so much to do but it was probably for the best. Fresh air was needed!

Other than the sickness this week has been pretty uneventful. Although last night did have a 10pm trip to McDonalds...haha, not much else has happened! I definitely have a bump though. Today at church one of the ladies (who I'm pretty good friends with) said, "Sara, you look like you've eaten one too many pork pies." Hahaha. I was also told that I "definitely look pregnant" - so I'm hoping that I'm slowly getting over the just looking fat stage of pregnancy!




The best part of this week was the new Wii game we got, so I've spent most of my time this week (when not in bed) playing on the Wii. It made my head hurt even more.

Sorry not a very exciting week! I have listened to the baby's heartbeat over and over again this week to make sure he or she is okay despite my not feeling well, and it's pumping away! Oh - and I might as well mention some "name ideas" that we've been having. If you don't like them please keep your comments to yourself, haha! So far we like for a girl: Abigal or Penelope. For a boy we like: Levi or Noel. We really need to think of more names but 1) it's hard to agree on anything and 2) there aren't many names that haven't been corrupted by some snotty kid I've met before. hahah.

That's all - from inside the womb...

Your Baby: Week 17

Baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. The umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes are now topped by one-of-a-kind prints.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment