Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The exciting world of baby furniture and cloth diapers!

Okay I know I just posted 2 days ago, but if I don't post soon the next one will be way too long! First of all, we have made our first "big" purchase which is our baby's crib! We got it on eBay for a decent price considering it is John Lewis (for you Americans, it's a really quality brand!). Anyways, we go pick it up on Saturday in Bristol which should be a fun day out!



ALSO....I have joined the "obsessed with cloth diapers club "- which I was convinced I would never join. Then again I also thought I would never breast feed and now I am pl anning on it! :)

Either way, I have found this AMAZING website called www.littlelamb.co.uk. It's a family-owned and run company so they sell their cloth diapers at HALF the price of other retailers. Also, they use all natural materials. I really want to try to Bamboo diapers and the microfibre ones. A distant cousin of mine who lives near me has also offered to sell me some of her cloth diapers which are pre-folds that she never used. I think I'm going to buy those off her but then get about 10 of these ones that I like- they are WAY too cute to pass up!! Although the idea of pre-folds is very intimidating to me...don't know why!!!






The other advantage to the little lamb site is that they have given me an account number and if I have any family or friends who want to help me pay for some diapers then they can just go on to the site, click "pay by installments" on the left, type in my account number and they can put money in my account! (My account number is 0011 ) SO if you feel so compelled to help out, it would be EXTREMELY appreciated .... we are already swamped in the cost of all this baby stuff. It's insane how expensive they make things just be cause they know you need them. Most of the stuff we will get will be second hand, which I don't mind but I do wish we could get some things new!

Well I think that's all for now! No complaints on the pregnancy front, I still have a cold though. Also this baby is a very hungry one because atleast once a week I wake up at 2am starving. It's getting a little ridiculous!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the cloth diapers, and super cute crib too! As far as breastfeeding goes, good choice. I bottle fed Ethan starting when he was about 6 weeks old (he had a hard time nursing) and it was expensive! Ellie was breastfed till she was about 8 months and she pretty much lost interest...but we were both ready to stop by then. Get a good nursing cover so you feed the baby in public without giving everyone a show. HAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Looks like you've got everything well underway. It's good to break down the cost of baby items by getting little bits at a time. Looks like you've got a GREAT start! Just remember that there are very few things you "need" when it comes to caring for a baby, a lot of it is just hype! You got the diapers and the breastfeeding and you're really good to go for the first few months!!

    ReplyDelete