Sunday, January 31, 2010

13 Weeks Today!


First of all, I have been sick for a WEEK now! My whole head has been just completely congested -- I can't breathe and I have a sore throat and a headache...it will not go away! I have pretty much been taking it easy for the last week but not much seems to help.



And, I'm 13 weeks today! As you can see we have a NEW fruit of the week: PEACH!
Your fetus is forming teeth and vocal cords... savor this, their non-functional phase. Baby is approaching normal proportions, with a head now only one third the size of the body. Intestines are in the process of moving from the umbilical cord to baby's tummy. (Much more convenient.)



Yay! It's so cool to read about the developments that are taking place. My little one is now between 3-3 1/2 inches, is able to smile, grimace, frown, and squint! BUT, I'm still not even showing yet! In fact, when we went to the ultrasound, we found that I've LOST weight. It's not even like I've been sick or anything! It must just be the fact that I've been trying to eat healthier and no longer drink coffee! Well I hope I start to show soon...!

In fun news, I've started painting sheep on the baby's bedroom walls. They are SUPER cute. I'm going to upload photos later on. So far the room is verrryyy blue. The walls were already dark blue and now there are blue and white sheep... I figure, if it it's a girl then I will just paint some pink flowers on there and we'll be all set :) I'm sure she would get enough pink stuff to girly the room up a bit so I'm not too worried. I mean I'm a girl and I love blue and sheep. haha.

I think thats all for now -- 3 more weeks until my next midwife appointment. 7 weeks until I find out if my baby is a boy or girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment