Saturday, January 2, 2010

9 weeks 1 day, too many things to say

I could probably string this blog out to be about 12 pages considering everything that has happened in the last 2 days. I'll try to summarize. I'm not good at summarizing though.

America to England

Starting from when we left Portland, Maine at 3:30am Thursday morning, it was a sad day and needless to say I was emotional. I didn't cry or anything but it wasn't easy to leave. We got to the airport, waited around a little until our flight left at 5:45am. The flight was short and I HATE those puddle-jumper planes. I slept though which was good.

We landed and because our plane had run late, we had a very short layover. This left very little time for breakfast and then even less time to figure out what I was going to do once I realized that we had packed the wrong passport. I not only did not have my visa to re-enter England, but I had no passport. So technically, I have no idea how or why they ever let me on the plane. I knew though that once we landed there was no way that immigration was going to let me through.

Either way, I had an 8 hour flight to think about it. So Adam and I got on the plane which was absolutely massive. So massive that Adam and I sat 10 rows apart from each other. The people next to me wouldn't switch seats. At this point I did cry. £900 worth of plane tickets, leaving home, having no passport, being pregnant, and not being able to sit with my husband. I was not a happy bunny.

We landed and immigration not only wouldn't let me through, but made me wait for an hour before they presented me with a copy of "their records." The lady looked up at me and said, "I'm sorry, your visa expires in 10 minutes." At this point I got really angry and started raising my voice. What on EARTH was she talking about? My visa expires in JUNE. I had my marriage license to prove it (Marriage visas are 2 years and I have only been married 1 and 1/2). Ugh. Eventually she got sick and tired of the whole situation and gave me "two months conditional entry" (assuming I wasn't lying about my visa expiring in June.) Oh England. I really don't love you enough to fight to be here, but some how I keep finding myself doing so. I just like Adam a lot I guess.

Telling the In Laws

We stayed at Adam's brother's house in London Thursday night and his parents and sister came over the next day. As soon as we woke up at 11am, we got out of bed and had our christmas. We wrapped up some cute little onesies, one said, "Mom + Dad = Me" on it! hehe. It was good though to spend time with the fam for the day, especially Adam's sister who I love! It also gave us a day to rest before heading back to Cannington, where we live.

Home Sweet Home ...

We arrived home late Friday night to find that our back door was suspiciously unlocked and the window in the dining room was open. It was weird. But after a throrough investigation, nothing was missing. It was just FREEZING in our house. Also, our loft has become a cozy home to a large number of rats and/or mice. Great.


Pregnant still!

Tomorrow at 1:30pm I have my first appointment with a midwife. I'm 9 weeks 1 day along today, so I'm hoping they'll schedule me an ultrasound in 2 weeks or so. Hopefully everything is going well. A couple more weeks until I find out if my baby is in there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment