Wednesday, January 27, 2010

12 weeks 3 days again!


Since we got back from the ultrasound, I feel like I haven't even had time to breathe! We have been so excited, finally telling everyone our news. SO many people are excited for us which makes it even more exciting for me because I feel like we have so much support. I already have people telling me which nights of the week they can babysit! haha.

Unfortunately I am now SICK. blah. I woke up this morning with a headache, stuffy nose, sore throat,...the works. Not fun. However, I am now excited because I want to make stuff for the baby's room. Adam and I are going to get a sewing machine so that I can quilt away! I took a quilting class in highschool and absolutely loved it, so I decided that I want to make a bumper for the crib and a matching quilt to go with it. I'm SO excited and I've found a children's fabric website...so I've already planned pretty much the whole thing! I admit that the colors I've chosen are a bit more boy-ey, but what can I say? My nana said it's a boy and she's never been wrong! If it is a girl, I don't mind because I'm a girl and I love blue! The theme at the moment is sheep...which is appropriate since we live in the agricultural heart of England!

I still can't really believe that this is all real. I have to say that my excitement/scared factor has gone up by about 100%. I can't wait to meet my little girl or boy. The ultrasound was so amazing, we got to see the heart fluttering, the arms and legs waving, the spine of the baby, and the little black hole that was the stomach! As I mentioned before he/she is currently measuring at 12 weeks 3 days, at just over 2 inches big.

The other day we chose these foam-wall stickers for the room, hence the beginning of the sheep theme. They are super cute and I couldn't resist...plus they were cheap! :)

I think that's all for now. No more appointments for a few weeks, I have a midwife appt at 16 weeks and then my next scan at 20 weeks. Too long to wait to see my baby again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment