Sunday, January 3, 2010

First Midwife Appointment, 9 weeks 3 days

I thought I was prepared for the blood taking I knew they were going to do. Unfortunately it was a lot more painful and slow than I was hoping for. I almost threw up, it was painful and horrible.

Other than that the visit went well. I haven't yet met my personal midwife but I met with one in Bridgwater who told me everything I need to know at this stage. She also told me that according to her calculations (which I'm not sure why they are different from my doctor's), I'm due August 5th and I'm 9 weeks 3 days, not 2 days.

The midwife has sent off a request for an ultrasound. Hopefully I will hear back in the next couple days when it is - it will be sometime in the next 2-4 weeks. I'm hoping that it is good news! The unfortunate part is that at the ultrasound I will have to let them take my blood again. The scan and the blood are really to test the baby for downs syndrome, which I'm not that worried about, I just want a scan to see if he/she is healthy and really in there!

My arm is killing me. I still don't have any major symptoms other than not feeling great and I'm crampy.

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment